Cannot work with two client side applications at the same time!!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alireza_Chadorbaf
Posted On:   Friday, October 26, 2001 04:39 PM

Hi guys, I developed two client side applications(applets). Locate the on Apache/Tomcat. There is also a Index.html file with two links, so when user clicks on each link the associated application will downloaded on his PC and ready to work. (In index.html I used window.open(…) to load the applications) Now please see this scenario: 1-I ran/loaded both application in two separate browsers(IE5.5). And tried to work with them(minimized one and work with another). Soon I faced unexpected frizzing/locking or very slow running on both applications. 2-Then closed/killed one of them(killed IE). Then re-executed same application again. The application load   More>>

Hi guys,

I developed two client side applications(applets). Locate the on Apache/Tomcat. There is also a Index.html file with two links, so when user clicks on each link the associated application will downloaded on his PC and ready to work. (In index.html I used window.open(…) to load the applications)

Now please see this scenario:

1-I ran/loaded both application in two separate browsers(IE5.5). And tried to work with them(minimized one and work with another). Soon I faced unexpected frizzing/locking or very slow running on both applications.

2-Then closed/killed one of them(killed IE). Then re-executed same application again. The application loaded with the last activated screen . Seems it never killed and it was still alive.

3- The only way to successfully working is one by one. means execute & work with one, then kill that, and then execute and work with another.

To Debug:

When both applications were running(each on it’s own IE), I opened the Task Manager and saw there was only one IEXPLORER.EXE was running, also there was only one Java VM (a small bird icon) on right-bottom of the screen.

I believe this causes the problem. seems they both running in the same session. Since I opened two applications in two IE I was expected to see two IEXPLORER.EXE with two JVM. Am I right? Do you think so?

Any way, Now I am seeking to find the solution. My primary mind says probably I should not use window.open(..) in index.html to load the applications.

Would appreciate any command on this.

<<Less

Re: Cannot work with two client side applications at the same time!!

Posted By:   Shangqiang_Li  
Posted On:   Friday, October 26, 2001 08:59 PM

I think you have use static members or methods in your applet. If it is, then see below:

If you open ie in File/New Window, then the opener window and the opened window are in the same process, and you can see only one IExPlorer Process; But if you open a new window from the shortcut directly, then a new IE Process is produced and the two IE windows are separate processes. Also, a IE process only its own JVM instance. The result is, if you use static members or methods, and you open IE window in "File/New window" or using javascript to open a new IE window, then there is only one JVM, and the applet will share the static members or methods.

wish it is key to your question

About | Sitemap | Contact