dcsimg
(Urgent! )Question about Stateful Bean Session Management
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   gavin_chan
Posted On:   Thursday, October 25, 2001 09:26 PM

Hi, I am working on my school project using ejb.. However, I am confusing about how client re-enter to the same stateful bean when the client """first visit to my site, then visit to another site like yahoo and then come back"""". Since my stateful bean has loaded up a lot of information about a client and I think I should force the client to use the same stateful bean. Is the front-end session management techniques work for this situation.. like setting cookies?? Or how can I remember the handle object in a browser???? Another question is, (I am not sure, just wonder) is container create a session ID when it create the stateful bean? I want to attach this ID with timestamp and userID, to form the session ID for my ap   More>>

Hi, I am working on my school project using ejb.. However, I am confusing about how client re-enter to the same stateful bean when the client """first visit to my site, then visit to another site like yahoo and then come back"""". Since my stateful bean has loaded up a lot of information about a client and I think I should force the client to use the same stateful bean. Is the front-end session management techniques work for this situation.. like setting cookies?? Or how can I remember the handle object in a browser????

Another question is, (I am not sure, just wonder) is container create a session ID when it create the stateful bean? I want to attach this ID with timestamp and userID, to form the session ID for my application.. So if there is a container session ID there, can I look it up and solve my first question????

sorry, final question.. Can I extend the life time of a stateful bean when I know the client is still working on the stateful beans? thanks..
I really want to have a clear understanding before I work on the coding.. although it is just a studuent project..

<<Less

Re: (Urgent! )Question about Stateful Bean Session Management

Posted By:   gavin_chan  
Posted On:   Friday, October 26, 2001 02:30 PM

thanks anyway, I solve all my problems above.........

But I have another question..
I have a session bean which can connect to a LDAP server, which stores the user and group info. My application also store these info in database, which is the primary storage. Finally, I have a connector session bean to sap and retrieve user info as well. I wonder should I use the ldap info to synchronous the others storage when update, ... action occur, or use my database infos to drive it? I am a student and not sure how the industry doing on this part??? Appreciate if anyone can answer my question...thanks
About | Sitemap | Contact