dcsimg
"titleOrderForm.jsp": There is no web application that can act as the root of the JSP file
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   yvonne_Dickson
Posted On:   Thursday, October 25, 2001 03:55 AM

I am new to JBuilder. I have inherited a web site. All I need to do is get it running. I get this error when I ry and run in JBuilder - "titleOrderForm.jsp": There is no web application that can act as the root of the JSP file. I have five JSP files what am I doing Wrong

Cheers
Yvonne

Re: "titleOrderForm.jsp": There is no web application that can act as the root of the JSP file

Posted By:   Shahram_Khorsand  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 25, 2001 05:49 AM

here is what you need:

1. Read up on webapplications as standard at: SUN website

2. Read about webapplication in Borland at: Borland JBuilder documentation. change the drop down list at the top of the page!!!
  3. Now to the solution. You have to create a webapplication in JBuilder inorder to be able to run you JSP and servlet files.

1. Choose new from the file menu.
    2. Choose the web tab and new webapplication.
    3. In the wizard give it a name and a direcotory. Here you may even choose a directory that you already have.
    4. Now that the wizard is finished you may copy all your JSP files to this directory.
    5. Switch to JB and refresh you project from the project menu.
    6. Now you should see your JSP files.
    7. If your have servlets you'll have to copy these to the right package under src directory. Even these files will automatically be detected by JB.
    8. Note that Servlets must be added to the webapp manually. Right click on a servlet and in the properties choose to add the servlet to the webapp.

Good Luck!
About | Sitemap | Contact