Administrator login/privilege recognition
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sergio_oliveros
Posted On:   Monday, October 22, 2001 12:53 PM

Hello everyone I'm trying to create a class for a non-web application that finds out if the user currently logged in the workstation is the administrator or has administrator privileges. I tried using the System.getProperties() method and see if the user.name property is "administrator", but that's very poor because I can change the user name with a simple "set" at the command line or through the control panel, thus providing no real security. If anybody knows how to obtain the actual user privilege (or if this is even possible to do) I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance..    More>>

Hello everyone

I'm trying to create a class for a non-web application that finds out if the user currently logged in the workstation is the administrator or has administrator privileges.

I tried using the System.getProperties() method and see if the user.name property is "administrator", but that's very poor because I can change the user name with a simple "set" at the command line or through the control panel, thus providing no real security.

If anybody knows how to obtain the actual user privilege (or if this is even possible to do) I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance..

<<Less

Re: Administrator login/privilege recognition

Posted By:   Eugene_Kuleshov  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 23, 2001 03:22 AM

Use JAAS. It has the authentication module for Windows.
About | Sitemap | Contact