Read COM port properties
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ashish_Kulkarni
Posted On:   Thursday, October 18, 2001 08:58 AM

Hi, I am trying to read a weight from Weighing Scale which is connected to COM1 port of my PC. I have downloaded the comm api and was able to read the weights using it. So far so good. Now the problem is i have different boud rate for different weighting scales. So in the System properties of my PC i will set the baud rate for that particular scale. I can set it in control panel - System - hardware - Device manager - port - COM1 then right click on it and see the properties, and click the Port Settings and set them. I want to read these Properties which are set for the COM1 port from java and then use them to set serialPort.setSerialPortParams(); So now I think the ac   More>>

Hi,

I am trying to read a weight from Weighing Scale which is connected to COM1 port of my PC. I have downloaded the comm api and was able to read the weights using it.
So far so good.

Now the problem is i have different boud rate for different weighting scales. So in the System properties of my PC i will set the baud rate for that particular scale. I can set it in
control panel - System - hardware - Device manager - port - COM1 then right click on it and see the properties, and click the Port Settings and set them.
I want to read these Properties which are set for the COM1 port from java and then use them to set

serialPort.setSerialPortParams();

So now I think the actual problem i am having is to read the system hardware properties from windows 2000 operating system
so how can i do it from java, I am also going to use applet so i want to read those properties from client machine.while the applet is being loaded.

Please Help ASAP

Ashish

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact