Installing JDK 1.4 on Windows 2000 without making it the default?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Amos_Shapira
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 16, 2001 08:02 AM

MY current environment includes Sun JDK 1.2.2_5 for my product, JBuilder 4.0 Enterprise (with included 1.3.1 to run the JBuilder itself) and Windows 2000 Professional as development platform. I'd like to try to install Sun JDK 1.4 Beta 2 only to be used by JBuilder. I don't want any other part of the system to be aware of the new JDK ("java -version" should still give 1.2.2). When I install the download from Sun it seems to take over the environmen, update the registry and add executables in c:winntsystem32 which override my path and "takes over" the system. Is there a way to just put the right files in the right directory without touching the registry?    More>>

MY current environment includes Sun JDK 1.2.2_5 for my product, JBuilder 4.0 Enterprise (with included 1.3.1 to run the JBuilder itself) and Windows 2000 Professional as development platform.

I'd like to try to install Sun JDK 1.4 Beta 2 only to be used by JBuilder.

I don't want any other part of the system to be aware of the new JDK ("java -version" should still give 1.2.2).

When I install the download from Sun it seems to take over the environmen, update the registry and add executables in c:winntsystem32 which override my path and "takes over" the system.

Is there a way to just put the right files in the right directory without touching the registry?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact