How to extract data from excel using jsp on unix system.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ann_thomas
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 10, 2001 07:17 PM

Hello everyone !! Anyone!! I need to extract data from excel and jrun on the unix system. I extracted data from excel using jdbc-odbc bridge in windows environment, since I can't keep my excel sheet (without the drivers) in the unix system, how do communicate to excel. Can I keep the excel in a windows system and then by specifying the path to the windows system from unix ...Does this work ?? They both have different file system. Is this possible or is there anyother better solution. My requirement is, to run sql query againt the data source (no matter it's excel or flat file),so that I can have search and sort functionality. If I convert the excel to flat file format, would I be able to run sql against a comma seperated flat file... Please Help   More>>

Hello everyone !! Anyone!!

I need to extract data from excel and jrun on the unix system. I extracted data from excel using jdbc-odbc bridge in windows environment, since I can't keep my excel sheet (without the drivers) in the unix system, how do communicate to excel. Can I keep the excel in a windows system and then by specifying the path to the windows system from unix ...Does this work ??
They both have different file system. Is this possible or is there anyother better solution. My requirement is, to run sql query againt the data source (no matter it's excel or flat file),so that I can have search and sort functionality. If I convert the excel to flat file format, would I be able to run sql against a comma seperated flat file... Please Help !!!

Thanks,

Ann

<<Less

Re: How to extract data from excel using jsp on unix system.

Posted By:   Rajesh_Mohapatra  
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 23, 2001 10:09 PM

You have to convert the excel sheet to a csv file ...Comma Separated Values...use the save as option..and try accessing the same way as excel..
you will get all the results..
About | Sitemap | Contact