dcsimg
Apache with Tomcat Security
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, October 8, 2001 01:45 PM

Hi, I have an Java's (JSP) application running in Apache 3.19, tomcat 3.2.1 and red hat 6.2. I have a virtual host pointing to /home/xyz directory in Apache, I have a tomcat's context pointing to this directory too. The structure directory is : /home/xyz WEB-INF html jsp index.htm images their linux's permissions are 755. A java class contains the database's user and password. These data are stored in the DB without encrypt. I have 2 questions? Is this structure right and secure? Is there another way of anybody can't find the password?    More>>

Hi, I have an Java's (JSP) application running in Apache 3.19, tomcat 3.2.1 and red hat 6.2. I have a virtual host pointing to /home/xyz directory in Apache, I have a tomcat's context pointing to this directory too. The structure directory is :

/home/xyz

WEB-INF

html

jsp

index.htm

images

their linux's permissions are 755.

A java class contains the database's user and password. These data are stored in the DB without encrypt.

I have 2 questions?

Is this structure right and secure?

Is there another way of anybody can't find the password?

<<Less

Re: Apache with Tomcat Security

Posted By:   josh_knowles  
Posted On:   Monday, October 8, 2001 02:39 PM

Giving read access to everyone like that isnt usually a good idea. Someone could decompile your db class file and get your username/password.
About | Sitemap | Contact