Problem using getAppletContext.showDocument() to show new URL
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Phil_Cornthwaite
Posted On:   Sunday, October 7, 2001 03:11 PM

After finding out from FAQ that I should use showDocument() to launch a new browser window (or even use the same one) to show a website (which is the result of a search in the applet), i tried it. The problem is when I run the code (this is the line I am running: getAppletContext().showDocument(new java.net.URL("http://www.yahoo.com"), "kensil.com search results"); and the error I get when viewing the Java console in IE is displayed at the bottom of this post, Any suggestions how to fix it or other ways to go about my task would be greatfully received. Thanks, Phil Exception occurred during event dispatching: com.ms.lang.VerifyErrorEx: com/kensil/business   More>>

After finding out from FAQ that I should use showDocument() to launch a new browser window (or even use the same one) to show a website (which is the result of a search in the applet), i tried it. The problem is when I run the code (this is the line I am running:
getAppletContext().showDocument(new java.net.URL("http://www.yahoo.com"), "kensil.com search results");

and the error I get when viewing the Java console in IE is displayed at the bottom of this post,

Any suggestions how to fix it or other ways to go about my task would be greatfully received.

Thanks,

Phil

Exception occurred during event dispatching:
com.ms.lang.VerifyErrorEx: com/kensil/businesssearch/SearchApplet$IvjEventHandler.mouseClicked: inconsistent stack depths
at com/kensil/businesssearch/SearchApplet$IvjEventHandler.mouseClicked (SearchApplet.java)
at java/awt/Component.processMouseEvent (Component.java)
at java/awt/Component.processEvent (Component.java)
at java/awt/Button.processEvent (Button.java)
at java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl (Component.java)
at java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent (Component.java)
at com/ms/awt/ZComponentPeer.processEvent (ZComponentPeer.java)
at java/awt/Component.dispatchEventImpl (Component.java)
at java/awt/Container.dispatchEventImpl (Container.java)
at java/awt/Component.dispatchEvent (Component.java)
at java/awt/EventDispatchThread.run (EventDispatchThread.java)

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact