managing list of clients
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mudi_ji
Posted On:   Saturday, October 6, 2001 11:16 AM

i am working on a project in which i need to keep a record that whcih clients are in working positions and which are not. simple explanation is that i am making a reservation system for a software lab. the system will reserve different available PCs for users. All PCs are linked through LAN. i have to keep track that out of all available PCs, which are working and whcih are not, so that list of only those PCs can be displayed that are working. one solution is two way RMI but it is only applicable in case that my application is running on all workstations also. what if all PCs are switched on but no one is logged on to them. in such case, all applications will be terminated, system will be working, but server will get no response. what to do now ? how to manage this   More>>

i am working on a project in which i need to keep a record that whcih clients are in working positions and which are not. simple explanation is that i am making a reservation system for a software lab. the system will reserve different available PCs for users. All PCs are linked through LAN. i have to keep track that out of all available PCs, which are working and whcih are not, so that list of only those PCs can be displayed that are working. one solution is two way RMI but it is only applicable in case that my application is running on all workstations also. what if all PCs are switched on but no one is logged on to them. in such case, all applications will be terminated, system will be working, but server will get no response. what to do now ? how to manage this list ???

by working, i mean that system is not broken down. this application will be running on each PC. I want to maintain list before any one logs on to it so that only working PCs can be made available for reservation. and when no one is logged on, the application will be terminated and PC can't register itself on server. what to do in this situation. In other words, we can say that this is the situation when all PCs will be switched on but no one is logged on to them (NT enviornment as in Labs) and only administrator is logged on to server. Plus, server for this application will be different as to that to which all PCs are linked via LAN (main server), obviously, application server will also be linked.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact