dcsimg
JDK 1.3.0_2 on RH7.1 Linux
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vijay_Kumar
Posted On:   Friday, October 5, 2001 12:35 AM

Hello Sir, I am using Redhat 7.1 and Kernel 2.4.2 and I'm having problem with the JDK1.3.0 from Sun. I also tried jikes compiler as said by somebody in a discussion forum. I have tried both binary and rpm pkgs of j2sdk-1_3_0_02 on this box and the following is the error msg I get persistently: [root@www2 /root]# cd /usr/java [root@www2 java]# ls jdk1.3.0_02 [root@www2 java]# export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02 [root@www2 java]# export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH [root@www2 java]# javac /usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/javac: /usr/bin/cut: No such file or directory /usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/i386/native_threads/javac: error while    More>>

Hello Sir,

I am using Redhat 7.1 and Kernel 2.4.2 and I'm having problem with the JDK1.3.0 from Sun.

I also tried jikes compiler as said by somebody in a discussion forum.

I have tried both binary and rpm pkgs of j2sdk-1_3_0_02 on this box and the following is the error msg I get persistently:

[root@www2 /root]# cd /usr/java
[root@www2 java]# ls
jdk1.3.0_02
[root@www2 java]# export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02
[root@www2 java]# export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
[root@www2 java]# javac
/usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/javac: /usr/bin/cut: No such file or directory
/usr/java/jdk1.3.0_02/bin/i386/native_threads/javac: error while loading shared libraries: libjvm.so: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.    <<Less

Re: JDK 1.3.0_2 on RH7.1 Linux

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Monday, November 5, 2001 03:07 AM

Re: JDK 1.3.0_2 on RH7.1 Linux

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Friday, October 5, 2001 12:51 AM

I've got the same problems some days ago installing some software provided with that version of JDK.

In RH7.1 (and may be in other versions of Linux) the unix 'cut' has been moved from /usr/bin/cut to /bin/cut, so you can make a
symbolic link using ln -s to fix the first problem. For the second one (missing load of
libjvm.so) you need to set LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 as environment variable, and it will work (at least, on my system it does ;-) ).

Also it is recommended to use the newer JDK 1.3.1 instead of the one you are using, that not only does it have the fix to the wrapper scripts, but also fix other problems

About | Sitemap | Contact