dcsimg
Indirect access to protection domain
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, October 4, 2001 02:23 AM

Hi, I have a few classes that are in a protection domain, say A, with the necessary permissions to create (jdbc-odbc) database connections. Now I want classes that are not member another protection domain B (so classes outside of the protection domain A) to only be able to get database connections through classes of the protection domain A. Classes in protection domain B are granted access to protection domain A, but not to package sun.jdbc.odbc. So these classes cannot create a database connection directly but have to do this through the classes in protection domain A. The problem now is that, as far as my knowledge goes, all classes in the call-chain have to be priviledged to have acces to the package sun.jdbc.odbc in   More>>

Hi,

I have a few classes that are in a protection domain, say A, with the necessary permissions to create (jdbc-odbc) database connections. Now I want classes that are not member another protection domain B (so classes outside of the protection domain A) to only be able to get database connections through classes of the protection domain A. Classes in protection domain B are granted access to protection domain A, but not to package sun.jdbc.odbc. So these classes cannot create a database connection directly but have to do this through the classes in protection domain A.

The problem now is that, as far as my knowledge goes, all classes in the call-chain have to be priviledged to have acces to the package sun.jdbc.odbc in order to create a connection. So I have to grant protection domain B access to the package sun.jdbc.odbc. But then classes from B can also create connections directly and that is not what I want.

Could someone help me out here?

Thank you,

Ron

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact