"Exhausted ResultSet" error or "Reference Counting Error"
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Raju_Dodamani
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 3, 2001 12:15 PM

Environment : AIX, EJB 1.0, JDBC 2.0, Oracle Thin Driver, WebSphere Application Server 3.5, JDK 1.2 1 . We have created a DataSource in WAS to connnect to the Database. If number of records is small (exact limitation can not tell), our application works fine and a loop of resultset.next it retrieves all the records if there is large data, say 40,000 records, then it after retrieving certain number of records it was throwing "java.sql.SQLException : Exhausted ResultSet" Actually for a record we were invoking every getXXX method twice. So after surfing on net, I replaced those getXXX calls with one for each column But this time I got "Reference Counting Error&   More>>

Environment : AIX, EJB 1.0, JDBC 2.0, Oracle Thin Driver, WebSphere Application Server 3.5, JDK 1.2

1 . We have created a DataSource in WAS to connnect to the Database.

If number of records is small (exact limitation can not tell), our application works fine and a loop of resultset.next it retrieves all the records

if there is large data, say 40,000 records, then it after retrieving certain number of records it was throwing "java.sql.SQLException : Exhausted ResultSet"

Actually for a record we were invoking every getXXX method twice. So after surfing on net, I replaced those getXXX calls with one for each column

But this time I got "Reference Counting Error"

Please let me know if anybody has a solution for it

2. Actually were using java.sql.DataSource, etc classes. So I changed the code to use

OracleDataSource, OracleConnection, etc classes. So that I can use OracleConnection.setDefaultRowPrefetch( int )

But while looking up datasource, I am getting ClassCastExcpetion.

I will really appreciate if anyone gives me few ideas to solve this complete problem.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact