how to open an authorized page(on another server) without filling the username and passwd
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   helen_xie
Posted On:   Tuesday, October 2, 2001 11:07 PM

I need to access an authorized(like Basic authentication) page (on another server) from my servlet( not just display the page, yet need to access that server page and can go to next page of that server) without filling the username and passwd dialog. Now I have an applet in my servlet page, from the applet, I use URLConnection.setRequsetProperty("Authorization", encodedUsername:passwd) to connect to another server by passing the authorization. If the applet cannot pass the authorization, an error page will show message of wrong username and passwd. If the applet can pass the authorization, then I want to go to the specific page of that server. I use showDocument(specificPage), but I cannot pass authorization here. The use   More>>

I need to access an authorized(like Basic authentication) page (on another server) from my servlet( not just display the page, yet need to access that server page and can go to next page of that server) without filling the username and passwd dialog.

Now I have an applet in my servlet page, from the applet, I use URLConnection.setRequsetProperty("Authorization", encodedUsername:passwd) to connect to another server by passing the authorization. If the applet cannot pass the authorization, an error page will show message of wrong username and passwd. If the applet can pass the authorization, then I want to go to the specific page of that server. I use showDocument(specificPage), but I cannot pass authorization here. The username and passwd dalog shows up.

If anyone can give an idea how to solve the problem or another approach to fullfil the task, I would be very grateful.

<<Less

Re: how to open an authorized page(on another server) without filling the username and passwd

Posted By:   ganeche_ramanoudjame  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 4, 2001 09:35 AM

Have you tried to call url
http://b64encodedusername:b64encodedpassword@host/path
About | Sitemap | Contact