Apply: executing tasks on success
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   James_Mulvey
Posted On:   Monday, October 1, 2001 03:48 AM

I want to better integrate a set of custom build processes which take a file and produce a series of output files. To speed up the build I want to only execute this task if a [filename].buildLock file has an out of date timestamp with respect to [filename]. I can't just use a filemapper or that ilk because the there is no mapping for [filename] to any product of the process. My strategy is to create an empty file called [filename].buildLock on each successful completion of Apply (with the source file's timestamp). Ideally what I want is an apply which has a onFail & onSuccess tag for your own custom code. Looking at the doc there is a property for output but its not clear what this is set to (i.e. is it blank if Apply fails or do   More>>

I want to better integrate a set of custom build processes which take a file and produce a series of output files. To speed up the build I want to only execute this task if a [filename].buildLock file has an out of date timestamp with respect to [filename]. I can't just use a filemapper or that ilk because the there is no mapping for [filename] to any product of the process.

My strategy is to create an empty file called [filename].buildLock on each successful completion of Apply (with the source file's timestamp).
Ideally what I want is an apply which has a onFail & onSuccess tag for your own custom code. Looking at the doc there is a property for output but its not clear what this is set to (i.e. is it blank if Apply fails or does it just contain stdout).

Has anyone tried to do something like this?

Thanks,

James

<<Less

Re: Apply: executing tasks on success

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Monday, October 1, 2001 03:47 PM

James, have you tried the task to check your target file dates against your source file dates? Would that work in your scenario, combined, of course, with the use of if/unless on a target to control its excecution based on the property set by .
About | Sitemap | Contact