xml problem
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Markus_Kramer
Posted On:   Sunday, September 30, 2001 10:27 AM

hi, I've a problem using XML with my webapp. I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3. I added xalan.jar and xerces.jar to my /lib directory which are needed by my webapp. But my Webapp reported this error: "Error in stylesheet Namespace not supported by SAXParse" So I looked into the tomcat-mailinglist archive and changed the following: - deleteted jaxp.jar - renamed parser.jar to zparser.jar But when I start tomcat, it says: "Using classpath: /usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/ant.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/test:/usr/java/jakarta-tom   More>>

hi,

I've a problem using XML with my webapp.
I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3. I added xalan.jar and xerces.jar to my /lib directory which are needed by my webapp.

But my Webapp reported this error:

"Error in stylesheet Namespace not supported by SAXParse"

So I looked into the tomcat-mailinglist archive and changed the following:

- deleteted jaxp.jar

- renamed parser.jar to zparser.jar

But when I start tomcat, it says:

"Using classpath: /usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/ant.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/test:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/xalan.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/xerces.jar:/usr/java/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/lib/zparser.jar:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar"

and stopped. no more messages or errors.

I hope anyone can help me.

I've even tried to upgrade to tomcat4.
but this has produced some more errors, I can't solve.

ciao Markus

<<Less

Re: xml problem

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Sunday, November 18, 2001 03:09 AM

Ciao Marcus,

I would suggest you to take a look at this document, part of the default Tomcat 4.0 documentation located at the Jakarta Tomcat main site: Tomcat 4 and XML Parsers.

Re: xml problem

Posted By:   Karthikeyan_B  
Posted On:   Thursday, November 15, 2001 05:30 AM

jaxp.jar is required i think for tomcat.Instead of renaming parser.jar to zparser.jar add the parser.jar after the xerces.jar and xalan.jar in the classpath

May this solve your problem?
About | Sitemap | Contact