How to deploy a Jar file when using the server.xml method instead of the WEB-INFlib method ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   carlos_choy
Posted On:   Friday, September 28, 2001 02:29 AM

How do I deploy a Jar file when using the server.xml method instead of the webapps deployment method? It is well documented how to deploy a servlet class file using the server.xml method, but I would like to put that servlet class file in a Jar and deploy using the server.xml method. The problem is Tomcat seems to report a 404 error, specifically: "Ctx( /theapp1): 404 R( /theapp1 + /theapp1testservlet.servlet1 + null) null". Here is what is in my server.xml file: docBase="c:/java_apps/test_app1" debug="0" reloadable="true" trusted="false"> The servlet is called this    More>>

How do I deploy a Jar file when using the server.xml method instead of the webapps deployment method?

It is well documented how to deploy a servlet class file using the server.xml method, but I would like to put that servlet class file in a Jar and deploy using the server.xml method.

The problem is Tomcat seems to report a 404 error, specifically:

"Ctx( /theapp1): 404 R( /theapp1 + /theapp1testservlet.servlet1 + null) null".

Here is what is in my server.xml file:

docBase="c:/java_apps/test_app1"
debug="0" reloadable="true"
trusted="false">

The servlet is called this way in my HTML file:

The Jar name is testservlet.jar, and the servlet inside is called servlet1.class. It is located in c:java_apps est_app1.

I am using Tomcat3.2 with Apache1.3.2 and the mod_jk.dll on a Win machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!    <<Less

Re: How to deploy a Jar file when using the server.xml method instead of the WEB-INFlib method ?

Posted By:   Ivo_Limmen  
Posted On:   Friday, September 28, 2001 02:33 AM

I think you forgot the /servlets/ path.

Try:

About | Sitemap | Contact