RMI Exceptions and Problems while binding remote object
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, September 27, 2001 09:38 AM

Hi all, I run a remote server and have a client which connects to it for various processing. I run both the server and client on my machine ( PC ) for development purposes .. My machine ( NT ) was rebuilt yesterday and since then, I am not able to run the server on my machine .. I used to get a ClassNotFoundException, ( attached below ) saying that the Server Interface implementation was not found when I was trying to bind the server Implementation to the RMI registry … After several rounds of unsuccessful debugging .., I tried various things like changing port names .. Checking class paths and etc etc .. I use Visual Age for all development and I start the RMI registry from there too … If, I    More>>

Hi all,

I run a remote server and have a client which connects to it for various processing. I run both the server and client on my machine ( PC ) for development purposes ..
My machine ( NT ) was rebuilt yesterday and since then, I am not able to run the server on my machine ..

I used to get a ClassNotFoundException, ( attached below ) saying that the Server Interface implementation was not found when I was trying to bind the server Implementation to the RMI registry …

After several rounds of unsuccessful debugging .., I tried various things like changing port names .. Checking class paths and etc etc ..

I use Visual Age for all development and I start the RMI registry from there too …

If, I change the port number for the registry and the port number on which the remote object receives calls, and when I try to bind the remote Object …
I get an exception saying that ConnectionRefused to the host ( which is my machine ) and no further information is available ..

I have been asking the NT support group , and they are not sure what is happening and since the machine was rebuilt just yesterday , all the ports and permissions are all proper …

Attached is the exception, I was getting when I originally started the server after rebuilding it ..
Any help, clues would be greatly appreciated … Since this has been taking up all my time since yesterday ..

Thanks in Advance
Ravindra

QuoteServer err: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.RemoteException: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: QuoteServerPkg.QuoteImpl_Stub
java.lang.Throwable(java.lang.String)
java.lang.Exception(java.lang.String)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException(java.lang.String)
int java.io.ObjectInputStream.inputObject(boolean)
java.lang.Object java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(boolean)
java.lang.Object java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject()
java.lang.Object sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.unmarshalValue(java.lang.Class, java.io.ObjectInput)
void sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(java.rmi.Remote, java.rmi.server.RemoteCall)
java.lang.Object sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run()
java.lang.Object java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(java.security.PrivilegedExceptionAction, java.security.AccessControlContext)
boolean sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(java.rmi.server.RemoteCall)
void sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(sun.rmi.transport.Connection, boolean)
void sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run()
void java.lang.Thread.run()

java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
java.rmi.RemoteException: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
java.lang.Object sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.unmarshalValue(java.lang.Class, java.io.ObjectInput)
void sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(java.rmi.Remote, java.rmi.server.RemoteCall)
java.lang.Object java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(java.security.PrivilegedExceptionAction, java.security.AccessControlContext)
void sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(sun.rmi.transport.Connection, boolean)

void sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(java.lang.Exception)
void sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall()
java.lang.Object sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(java.rmi.Remote, java.lang.reflect.Method, java.lang.Object [], long)
void sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(java.lang.String, java.rmi.Remote)
void java.rmi.Naming.rebind(java.lang.String, java.rmi.Remote)
void QuoteServerPkg.QuoteServer.main(java.lang.String [])

Error Unbinding from registry.
undeclared checked exception; nested exception is:
java.lang.Exception: java.rmi.NotBoundException: QuoteServer
java.rmi.NotBoundException(java.lang.String)
void sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl.unbind(java.lang.String)
java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object [])

java.rmi.UnexpectedException: undeclared checked exception; nested exception is:
java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object [])

void sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(java.lang.Exception)
void sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall()
java.lang.Object sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(java.rmi.Remote, java.lang.reflect.Method, java.lang.Object [], long)
void sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.unbind(java.lang.String)
void java.rmi.Naming.unbind(java.lang.String)
void QuoteServerPkg.QuoteServer.main(java.lang.String [])

<<Less

Re: RMI Exceptions and Problems while binding remote object

Posted By:   Sha_Jin  
Posted On:   Friday, September 28, 2001 10:09 AM

I have the same problems and I found when I run the server, the JVM told me that "ClassNotFoundException", and the ???????_Stub that I have built has been deleted by someone. I try to re rmiregisty them. but the same thing happened again. I don't know why and who did that.
I use JBuilder5 on Windows2000.
Good luck!
About | Sitemap | Contact