RMI-threads
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Panos_Koup
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 26, 2001 02:22 PM

I face the following problem: I issue many requests to the same RMI server and that works just fine.So there is simultaneously execution of the same remote-exported object for these requests.However in my lalalImpl.java file i create a new series of threads in order to do sth (doesn't matter what).When i do that a take some strange results and in addition in the client that issued the requests i take an exception: java.lang.NullPointerException at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122) at lalalImpl_Stub.Simulate(Unknown Source) at ClientThread.run(ClientThread.java:64)    More>>

I face the following problem:
I issue many requests to the same RMI server and that works just fine.So there is simultaneously execution of the same remote-exported object for these requests.However in my lalalImpl.java file i create a new series of threads in order to do sth
(doesn't matter what).When i do that
a take some strange results and in addition in the client that issued the requests i take an exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:245)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
at lalalImpl_Stub.Simulate(Unknown Source)
at ClientThread.run(ClientThread.java:64)

Any idea pls???????

ps:When i exract the creation of the threads in the lalalaImpl.java.Everything works just fine(but i have no threads).

<<Less

Re: RMI-threads

Posted By:   Sandeep_Jain  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 4, 2001 05:32 AM

Why are U creating a new thread

on each request to the RMI object.

when each request already creates a
new thread for U..can U send
Lalaimpl.java
About | Sitemap | Contact