installation for a java files using JNI.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vinod_Asokan
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 26, 2001 06:04 AM

hi, I have a problem in installing my application which are using JNI calls, in another machine which has JRE. As sson as the files starts running ..The Eception java.unsatisfiedLinkError: cannot file xyz.dd : one of the files needed to run this application cannot be found I have set the classpath for the folder containing the class files, also set the Path variable for the folder which has the DLL files.. Should i do anything else, for the running of java files using JNI?? I have to make the installation for the project, so if somebody could answer soon, I would really appreciate it.. Thanks!!    More>>

hi,

I have a problem in installing my application which are using JNI calls, in another machine which has JRE.
As sson as the files starts running ..The Eception

java.unsatisfiedLinkError: cannot file
xyz.dd : one of the files needed to run
this application cannot be found

I have set the classpath for the folder containing the class files, also set the Path variable for the folder which has the DLL files..

Should i do anything else, for the running of java files using JNI??

I have to make the installation for the project, so if somebody could answer soon, I would really appreciate it..

Thanks!!

<<Less

Re: installation for a java files using JNI.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, October 8, 2001 12:57 PM

Hello,

First I can not be sure but I have seen this several times and belive that the "Path" is your key. Therefore your first approach is the correct one; IMHO.

Please veryify the following:

1) Verify the "case" of the path.

2) Look for "install path issues?" i.e. hard coded path's in your code.

3) Look for a difference between the paths on the machine that works and the one that does not.

4) Drive ? Root Path ? The msg states
"Cannot find" so I would recheck what you stated above once more.

5) I would use Java system calls to verify that the VM's view your Paths correctly in both envrionments. Dump the Path results to a debug string for current and furture debug use.

6) Verify this named.DLL anywhere else on the system. For example if you have an older version in the path then that one will be loaded or could be loaded first thus new methods are not visible.

About | Sitemap | Contact