dcsimg
Problems to create initialContext: Can't find SerialContextProvider
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Stefan_Plate
Posted On:   Sunday, September 23, 2001 06:19 AM

Dear sir, I'm running the J2EE Server on Windows 2000 Server. In order to make a lookup to ejbs I first have to create the initialContext in the client class: Context ctx = new InitialContext(); CalculatorHome home = (CalculatorHome) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ctx.lookup("ejb/session/stateless/Calculator"),CalculatorHome.class); This causes following exception: javax.naming.CommunicationException: getSerialContextProvider() Client and ejb classes are on the same computer (so the server address should be 127.0.0.1). The J2EE.jar file is in the classpath. The default parameters of the jndi.properties file should work as I'm using the J2EE server. Is it maybe a p   More>>

Dear sir,

I'm running the J2EE Server on Windows 2000 Server. In order to make a lookup to ejbs I first have to create the initialContext in the client class:

Context ctx = new InitialContext();

CalculatorHome home = (CalculatorHome)
PortableRemoteObject.narrow(ctx.lookup("ejb/session/stateless/Calculator"),CalculatorHome.class);

This causes following exception:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: getSerialContextProvider()

Client and ejb classes are on the same computer (so the server address should be 127.0.0.1). The J2EE.jar file is in the classpath. The default parameters of the jndi.properties file should work as I'm using the J2EE server. Is it maybe a problem that other web servers (Apache, IIS) running at the same time?

Kindly regards,
Stefan Plate

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact