Relay error with smtp even with authentication
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Robert_Sturim
Posted On:   Friday, September 21, 2001 04:07 PM

I am trying to send an email via smtp and get an invalid address and authentication problem when sending email outside the domain of my ISP. I have a valid user name and password on the server, and have tried to specify it via a variety of mechanisms, including: * Specifying the properties mail.smtp.user and mail.smtp.password prior to retrieving my session * Implementing an email authenticator and specifying it when retrieving the session * Specifying the username and password in the transport connect statement I have set the mail.smtp.auth property to "true". I can verify that the getPasswordAuthentication() method is being called in my auth   More>>

I am trying to send an email via smtp and get an invalid address and authentication problem when sending email outside the domain of my ISP. I have a valid user name and password on the server, and have tried to specify it via a variety of mechanisms, including:

* Specifying the properties mail.smtp.user and mail.smtp.password prior to retrieving my session

* Implementing an email authenticator and specifying it when retrieving the session

* Specifying the username and password in the transport connect statement

I have set the mail.smtp.auth property to "true". I can verify that the getPasswordAuthentication() method is being called in my authenticator (when I've specified mail.smtp.auth property to true.

Yet, I still get SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses and Relaying denied error. Note, I can successfully connect and send and receive email via outlook with basically the same settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: Relay error with smtp even with authentication

Posted By:   Robert_Sturim  
Posted On:   Friday, September 21, 2001 04:23 PM

I'm sorry for an erroneous posting. I just read that Earthlink recently instituted tighter controls as part of their anti-spam policy. I can't send from outlook outside their domain either.
About | Sitemap | Contact