Starting Apache as a child process in a Swing application
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Arnaud_PASCAL
Posted On:   Thursday, September 20, 2001 05:53 AM

Hi guys, I am trying to write a Swing application from witch one may be able to launch both Apache and Tomcat, and put the processes outputs in a JtextArea. Running them is not a big deal (usin the Runtime.exec() command). Capturing output in a JTextArea is quite easy too. Actually, i am experiencing problems when trying to run them from win32 (my program must be win98 AND winNT compliant) when I try to run my program with javaw : I have a cmd window popping up when I launch Apache, with nothing inside as I capture output, but this window is REALLY ugly. (I dont have the save problem with Tomcat as I start it with javaw instead of java ) Any sug   More>>

Hi guys,

I am trying to write a Swing application from witch one may be able to launch both Apache and Tomcat, and put the processes outputs in a JtextArea.

Running them is not a big deal (usin the Runtime.exec() command). Capturing output in a JTextArea is quite easy too.

Actually, i am experiencing problems when trying to run them from win32 (my program must be win98 AND winNT compliant) when I try to run my program with javaw : I have a cmd window popping up when I launch Apache, with nothing inside as I capture output, but this window is REALLY ugly.

(I dont have the save problem with Tomcat as I start it with javaw instead of java )

Any suggestion ?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact