How do I obtain an IOR for a JNDI nameService?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Franck_Schmidlin
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 19, 2001 12:40 AM

Or is this a stupid question? My EJB application (running under VAJ WTE for the time being) shares its naming service with a CORBA application. The CORBA application is quite happy to use the VAJ naming service, as long as we point it to an IOR. However, I only know one way to get the IOR for the naming service : run the dumpnamespace.bat utility released with Websphere 4.0, point it to my VAJ nameservice, and copy the IOR for one of the subcontexts. So here is the question: Starting from java.util.Hashtable env = new java.util.Hashtable(2); env.put( javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL, "iiop://localhost:900/"); env.put(    More>>

Or is this a stupid question?

My EJB application (running under VAJ WTE for the time being) shares its naming service with a CORBA application.

The CORBA application is quite happy to use the VAJ naming service, as long as we point it to an IOR.

However, I only know one way to get the IOR for the naming service : run the dumpnamespace.bat utility released with Websphere 4.0, point it to my VAJ nameservice, and copy the IOR for one of the subcontexts.

So here is the question:

Starting from

java.util.Hashtable env = new java.util.Hashtable(2);
env.put(
javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL,
"iiop://localhost:900/");
env.put(
javax.naming.Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"com.ibm.ejs.ns.jndi.CNInitialContextFactory");

javax.naming.Context jndiContext=
javax.naming.InitialContext(env);

How do I (programmaticaly) get an IOR for jndiContext?

Thanks in advance    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact