Resources exhaustion due to rmi???
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Panos_Koup
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 18, 2001 07:31 AM

Hello, i am facing a problem of resources exhaustion (is this the right word???) when i run an application that i develope which is using rmi. Let me describe briefly the application.The progA creates a number of threads each one of these threads connects through RMI to a different IP-client.The function-service in each ip does some work and returns the results to the corresponding thread.The results form each thread are then returned to the progA and then progA proccesses them. While the threads are waiting for the results, the resources of the pc,where i run the application are really exhausted.I guess that this happens because while the threads are waiting, the connections (through rmi) with the I   More>>

Hello,

i am facing a problem of resources exhaustion (is this the right word???) when i run an application that i develope which is using rmi.

Let me describe briefly the application.The progA creates a number of threads each one of these threads connects through RMI to a different IP-client.The function-service in each ip
does some work and returns the results to the corresponding thread.The results form each thread are then returned to the progA and then progA proccesses them.

While the threads are waiting for the results, the resources of the pc,where i run the application are really exhausted.I guess that this happens because while the threads are waiting,
the connections (through rmi) with the IPs are open and they just waiting for the function-service to return the results.

Does anyone pls has any idea how to solve this problem???

I thought to close, in each thread the connection after it starts the service-function in the client-ip and the results to be returned to the application with new rmi connections but this time these would be opened from the clients and the function-service would have been located
in the pc where progA is...........

Has anyone pls any suggestion???????????

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact