"Character set name is not recognized" error on calling Stored procedure
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sampath_Kumar
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 18, 2001 05:40 AM

Hi I call a stored procedure in oracle 8.1.6 which has various types(Number/Varchar/Objects) as IN/OUT params from my java program. I use the jdbc/oci driver for the db connection. when i make the call to the procedure i get the following error java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 42: PLS-00553: character set name is not recognized ORA-06550: line 0, column 0: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated But if i use the jdbc/thin driver it works fine. Also if i don't have char/varchar type of params in my IN/OUT params even the jdbc/oci works fine. The NLS_LANG value on the solaris system where my java program is running is set   More>>

Hi

I call a stored procedure in oracle 8.1.6 which has various types(Number/Varchar/Objects) as IN/OUT params from my java program.
I use the jdbc/oci driver for the db connection. when i make the call to the procedure i get the following error
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06550: line 1, column 42:
PLS-00553: character set name is not recognized
ORA-06550: line 0, column 0:
PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated

But if i use the jdbc/thin driver it works fine.

Also if i don't have char/varchar type of params in my IN/OUT params even the jdbc/oci works fine.

The NLS_LANG value on the solaris system where my java program is running is set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII and the NLS_LANG value on the Databse system(win NT) is set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1.

i have also included the classes12.zip and nls_charset12.zip in the classpath as well.

the jdk used here is 1.2.2.

could anyone help me out on this issue..

Thanks & Regards

SAM

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact