dcsimg
Placing the JAAS loging module
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, September 14, 2001 06:51 AM

I have one question regarding the layering of JAAS API modules. I Created a wrapper for the LoginModule as a part of a Generic Secirity Frame work.My security frame work is designed for Enterprise applications which likly to run on any EJB container and it has also some connections related to the LDAP server also. My problem is where in which layer should i place the login module.The login module is designed in such a way that it can handle both JSPlogin pages(likly to place in the webtier) and swing clint (likly to place it in the client tier).But i want to use the API not only for the clent login,but i want to make use of the same for my EJB components to veryfy the credential with respect to some other aythentication servers.The problem is JAAS is n   More>>

I have one question regarding the layering of JAAS API modules. I Created a wrapper for the LoginModule as a part of a Generic Secirity Frame work.My security frame work is designed for Enterprise applications which likly to run on any EJB container and it has also some connections related to the LDAP server also.

My problem is where in which layer should i place the login module.The login module is designed in such a way that it can handle both JSPlogin pages(likly to place in the webtier) and swing clint (likly to place it in the client tier).But i want to use the API not only for the clent login,but i want to make use of the same for my EJB components to veryfy the credential with respect to some other aythentication servers.The problem is JAAS is not working properly with in the EJB container (threads,intance,and callback problems).

So i would like to hear from you an alternate solution for this issue.Advance thanks

regards
Rajesh

IBSPLC
Technopark
trivandrum
Kerala
INDIA

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact