dcsimg
Using Oracle with JBuilder.
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Friday, September 14, 2001 05:58 AM

Hello
I want to use Oracle with JBuilder, can somebody tell me how to configure the Oracle database with JBuilder.
I am new in this visual environment.

Thank you very much.

Re: Using Oracle with JBuilder.

Posted By:   Shahram_Khorsand  
Posted On:   Monday, September 17, 2001 04:42 AM

In order to use Database Pilot to administor the Oracle server youä'll have to add some parameters to the Database Pilot.

1. Start Database Pilot
  2. Choose View|options|drivers
  3. click on add...
  4. print your driver name. For example, oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
  5. Now choose you driver from the list and put in a sample URL: for example:
    oracle:thin:@hostname:1521:ORCL
  6. Click on OK.
  7. Now back in database Pilot choose file|new ...| and choose in the driver list and add a record for you database. Click OK and you're back in database pilot.
  8. Click on the tree on the left and print your user name and password in the dialog that appears. Now you are set to look and alter your DB.

Good Luck

Re: Using Oracle with JBuilder.

Posted By:   Luigi_Viggiano  
Posted On:   Friday, September 14, 2001 12:21 PM

With JBuilder 5...

From Tools menu, choice Enterprise Setup, then choice the Database Driver Tab in the top.
Click on Add... Button in the right area, then the library selection will appear.
If the Oracle Driver is already present, just select it and restart JBuilder, else you need to create a the library containing the jar of the oracle driver.

To create the library push New... button in the bottom of the "Select One or More Libraries" dialog, input a name as "Oracle JDBC Driver" or something like that; then from your filesystem select the jar containing the driver (Classes111.zip or Classes12.zip for Oracle).
Press Ok to add the library.
Select it and press ok to add the driver in JBuilder.
You shall see now again the "Enteprise Setup" dialog with the new driver in the list. Press Ok and restart JBuilder.

About | Sitemap | Contact