Java policy file deployment in intranet/internet
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, September 13, 2001 06:40 AM

In our company we are writing an applet for the moment which builds a mixed AWT/SWING interface from XML. Herefore we use the JRE1.3. In order to enable printing and MSOffice exports, we need a signed applet. Now the problem is that the JVM keeps asking if a user if he allows the applet to print. We can bypass this by either programming or changing the policy file. Now programming differs from browser to browser and gives much problems I guess. How can I install a new policy file on a pc via a signed applet without user interaction ? We don't want administrators running around to install policy files, or users messing up their security settings. Can I include a policy file in a jar, or c   More>>

In our company we are writing an applet for the moment which builds a mixed AWT/SWING interface from XML. Herefore we use the JRE1.3.

In order to enable printing and MSOffice exports, we need a signed applet. Now the problem is that the JVM keeps asking if a user if he allows the applet to print. We can bypass this by either programming or changing the policy file. Now programming differs from browser to browser and gives much problems I guess.

How can I install a new policy file on a pc via a signed applet without user interaction ? We don't want administrators running around to install policy files, or users messing up their security settings.

Can I include a policy file in a jar, or can I write a class that loads the policy from a server and writes it to the appropriate directory (after asking it to the user :))

Thankx

Reinhart De Lille

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact