dcsimg
Visual Age 3.02 and Tomcat 3.11 - Problems configuring Tomcat for my own servlets
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Stefan_Munz
Posted On:   Thursday, September 13, 2001 04:55 AM

Hi, (I'm using VA for Java 3.02 and tomcat 3.1.1 running inside VAJ.) I have problems running my own servlets from the VAJ workspace without exporting it. When I start tomcat and type in the URL of my servlet i get a message that the page is not found. (BTW: The tomcat examples work fine). I've already read some hints posted earlier here and therefore set the class path of the class that starts tomcat. It includes all projects of my workspace. Question 1: Do I have to mention my project in the tomcat conf. file server.xml? If yes, do I have to set the doc base to ...project_resourcesmy_project? Question 2: Do I have to set additional classpath variabl   More>>

Hi,

(I'm using VA for Java 3.02 and tomcat 3.1.1 running inside VAJ.)
I have problems running my own servlets from the VAJ workspace
without exporting it. When I start tomcat and type in the URL of my
servlet i get a message that the page is not found. (BTW: The
tomcat examples work fine).
I've already read some hints posted earlier here and therefore set the class path of the class that starts tomcat. It includes all projects of my workspace.

Question 1: Do I have to mention my project in the tomcat conf. file
server.xml? If yes, do I have to set the doc base to
...project_resourcesmy_project?

Question 2: Do I have to set additional classpath variables?

Question 3: How do I invoke my servlet? Is the URL:
http://localhost:8080/myProject/myServlet correct or are all servlets accessible in the "servlet" subdir of localhost?

Has somebody had similar problems and can help me?

Regards,

Stefan

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact