unmarshal exception in RMI
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mudi_G
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 12, 2001 12:43 AM

i m getting the following unmarshal exception in my program that i have developed using RMI. the exception is thrown by client side when it attemts to lookup the server. The whole stack trace is as follows:: java.rmi.unmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException at sun/rmi/registry/RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup (RegistryImpl_stub.java:104) at java/Naming.lookup(Naming.java:53) at ReservationClient. (ReservationClient.java:24) at Resrvation.findFreeSystems (Reservation.java:122) at Test.main (Test.java:11) the class on the client side that looks up t   More>>

i m getting the following unmarshal exception in my program that i have developed using RMI. the exception is thrown by client side when it attemts to lookup the server.
The whole stack trace is as follows::

java.rmi.unmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

at sun/rmi/registry/RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup (RegistryImpl_stub.java:104)

at java/Naming.lookup(Naming.java:53)

at ReservationClient. (ReservationClient.java:24)

at Resrvation.findFreeSystems (Reservation.java:122)

at Test.main (Test.java:11)

the class on the client side that looks up the server is 'ResrevationClient'
'findFreeSystems' is the method in class Reservation that is present on server. this method is called from client.
Test is the class at client side that calls the server function and prints the result.

The same exception is thrown by Symentic visual cafe, if i try to run the program from .exe file that is made by Symentic visual cafe.

i am using the default port 1099 for RMI.
further, i am running both client and server on the same machine for the time being.

<<Less

Re: unmarshal exception in RMI

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 12, 2001 10:35 PM

Some time the path was not set to programs, for this
type of exceptions we have to set the classpath to the
current directory.. Before running ur programs , set the
classpath.. like this set classpath=.;%classpath%;(if ur
using windows mechian) ... if u have any doubts mail
me tadikamallapavan@yahoo.com..
About | Sitemap | Contact