SOLUTION TO THE URLConnection issue
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   j_resin_resin
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 11, 2001 08:17 PM

Hi, I hope the following System properties should solve the problems with the java.net.URLConnection. for Timeout Issues --------------------- sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout for DNS caching problems ------------------------ networkaddress.cache.ttl networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl mean to say that we should not depend on the third party software for URLConnection related issues Comments are always welcome thanks .    More>>

Hi,

I hope the following System properties should solve the problems with the
java.net.URLConnection.

for Timeout Issues

---------------------

sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout

sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout

for DNS caching problems

------------------------

networkaddress.cache.ttl

networkaddress.cache.negative.ttl

mean to say that we should not depend on the third party software for
URLConnection related issues

Comments are always welcome

thanks

<<Less

Re: SOLUTION TO THE URLConnection issue

Posted By:   Christopher_Pickslay  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 11, 2001 10:08 PM

Interesting. This page documents these and other networking properties. A couple of comments:

1. These properties appear to be part of the Java 1.4 release. Can you confirm otherwise? I don't see checks for these properties anywhere in the sun.net.* classes included with 1.3.
  2. This page suggests that "In general, writing java programs that rely on sun.* is risky: they are not portable, and are not supported." Probably not a big issue in this case, as most applications will still run if the properties are ignored. But note that you may not be able to rely on these properties working as expected.
About | Sitemap | Contact