dcsimg
How does '/** @version %I%, %G% */' work?
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Ted_Tucker
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 11, 2001 12:28 AM

I am trying to get my Javadoc to produce the version numbers for me. I have seen this before:

/**
. . .
@version %I%, %G%
. . .
*/

The document contains the string "@version %I%, %G%", but that is not what I want. What is the %I% & %G% suppose to do?

Re: How does '/** @version %I%, %G% */' work?

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 19, 2001 06:28 AM

The %I%, %G% etc. are probably macros used by a source code control system such as PVCS, CVS, RCS, SCCS etc. What happens is that when a version of the code is checked out of the control system it replaces these macros with values from its internal control files. Unfortunately, these macros are not common across source code control systems so you'd have to use the ones appropriate for yours. If you are not using a source control system you will have to write a pre-processor of your own that will retrieve the required information from a repository maintained by you.
Regards.

Re: How does '/** @version %I%, %G% */' work?

Posted By:   Kevin_Riff  
Posted On:   Sunday, September 16, 2001 09:48 PM

Those look like tokens that are meant to be replaced with a value. That sort of thing is not supported by Java directly, but you can use a pre-processor to scan your source files and make the substitutions for you. If you can, check with the person who gave you the source code to find out which program they use.
About | Sitemap | Contact