Running servlets with IIS web server
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sudhir_Seshagiri
Posted On:   Monday, September 10, 2001 09:19 AM

Hi, Is there any way by which I can run my java servlets on Microsoft's IIS web server, without having to use any third party servlet engines/plug-ins. I found that the use of Tomcat 3.2 is quite cumbersome to configure. Servlet-exec from New Atlanta Corp. is quite expensive. Is there any freeware servlet engine that runs servlets well on IIS? The following constraints apply to my project: 1. The servlets must run on IIS web server. 2. Any servlet engine/plug-in used should not increase the cost of the product. I.e. it should be a freeware. 3. Any third party product used, should be very easy to install and configure.    More>>

Hi,
Is there any way by which I can run my java servlets on Microsoft's IIS web server, without having to use any third party servlet engines/plug-ins.

I found that the use of Tomcat 3.2 is quite cumbersome to configure.
Servlet-exec from New Atlanta Corp. is quite expensive.

Is there any freeware servlet engine that runs servlets well on IIS?

The following constraints apply to my project:
1. The servlets must run on IIS web server.
2. Any servlet engine/plug-in used should not increase the cost of the product. I.e. it should be a freeware.
3. Any third party product used, should be very easy to install and configure.

<<Less

Re: Running servlets with IIS web server

Posted By:   Michael_Hodge  
Posted On:   Monday, September 10, 2001 11:19 AM

Taking the "two out of three ain't bad" approach, you've already given the answer to your question. Tomcat is not easy to install or configure but it will do what you ask and for the price you want.

Other than that you could look at Jrun which is easy to configure and runs servlets but costs several hundred dollars.

Mike Hodge

Webmaster

http://www.integris-health.com

About | Sitemap | Contact