using optional task
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Benjamin_Leonard
Posted On:   Monday, September 10, 2001 04:01 AM

Hello, i try to use an optional task of ant 1.4. So i install ant in the directory /java_tools/jakarta-ant-1.4. And it work fine. But later, i wanted to use an optional task ftp, so I place the jakarta-ant-1.4.optional.jar in the /java_tools/jakarta-ant-1.4/lib directory. But when i try to run my new target i receive this message : Could not create task of type: ftp. Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME). The first thing i've done is to verify that this "optional" jar was really in LOCALCLASSPATH of the ant.bat script but it is in! Do you have any idee of wha   More>>

Hello, i try to use an optional task of ant 1.4. So i install ant in the directory /java_tools/jakarta-ant-1.4.
And it work fine. But later, i wanted to use an optional task ftp, so I place the jakarta-ant-1.4.optional.jar in the /java_tools/jakarta-ant-1.4/lib directory. But when i try to run my new target i receive this message :

Could not create task of type: ftp. Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task,
or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).

The first thing i've done is to verify that this "optional" jar was really in LOCALCLASSPATH of the ant.bat script but it is in!

Do you have any idee of what i've missed?

Benjamin    <<Less

Re: using optional task

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Monday, September 10, 2001 08:20 AM

Read the docs of the FTP task at http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/OptionalTasks/ftp.html. There is an additional JAR that is required for that task.
About | Sitemap | Contact