dcsimg
How to retrieve the message from the SMTP Server
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jayendran_Ramamoorthy
Posted On:   Friday, September 7, 2001 12:28 AM

Hi, I have a doubt in retreivng the information from the SMTP server. My scenario goes here There is one SMTP server which will forward whatever message it receives to my machine. I am running a listener in my machine for the port 25. If i get a message i am able to read all the information from that. Instead i need to get only the from address and the message. I dont need all the information. I am directly implementing the SMTP commands into this and i dont want to use Java Mail component. The reason i am not using the Java mail component is that my application dont want to poll for the new message every N minutes to the SMTP server, instead whenever i get a message to port 25 in my machine i have the listener that invokes th   More>>

Hi,

I have a doubt in retreivng the information from the SMTP server. My scenario goes here

There is one SMTP server which will forward whatever message it receives to my machine. I am running a listener in my machine for the port 25. If i get a message i am able to read all the information from that. Instead i need to get only the from address and the message. I dont need all the information. I am directly implementing the SMTP commands into this and i dont want to use Java Mail component. The reason i am not using the Java mail component is that my application dont want to poll for the new message every N minutes to the SMTP server, instead whenever i get a message to port 25 in my machine i have the listener that invokes the method to retrieve info.

So kindly let me know how shall i get the message and from address alone from that whole information.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact