dcsimg
How to run a Corba client in an Applet ?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Peidong_Wang
Posted On:   Thursday, September 6, 2001 12:07 AM

I have a simple Corba client program which requests remote time from a server. The program runs well as Application, but threw an Exception when it ran as an Applet. The Corba server was running on the same web server which the Applet was on, so was the name server. Below is the exception caught by java console. java.lang.NullPointerException at RemoteTimeGui.init at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run at java/lang/Thread.run    More>>

I have a simple Corba client program which requests remote time from a server. The program runs well as Application, but threw an Exception when it ran as an Applet.

The Corba server was running on the same web server which the Applet was on, so was the name server.

Below is the exception caught by java console.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at RemoteTimeGui.init
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run
at java/lang/Thread.run

<<Less

Re: How to run a Corba client in an Applet ?

Posted By:   steven_yan  
Posted On:   Monday, September 10, 2001 10:53 PM

I don't know whick orb you are using,jdk orb or visibroker? if you use jdk orb,so you must add code like below to your applet!
ORB orb = ORB.init(this, null);

and in your RemoteTimeGui.html add

the most important thing is to use java plugin,you can download a plugin from java.sun.com
About | Sitemap | Contact