Access to EJB from applets
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Igor_Vinnikov
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 5, 2001 04:59 AM

Hi.
How to get access from applet to EJB? The problem is that I can't create JNDI InitalContext, because Initial Context Factory is not accessible for applet.
I use WebLogic 6.0, so InitialContextFactory is weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory. What is the correct way to create Initial Context. Are I need to Include WebLogic InitialContext factory in my applet archive?
Are I need to use Java 1.3 Plugin for browser in order to interact with EJB?

Re: Access to EJB from applets

Posted By:   sam_pitroda  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 5, 2001 09:06 PM

I had same problem and is now working well with servlet. I lost async callback though because RMI from applet to EJB is not recommended.

Re: Access to EJB from applets

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 5, 2001 08:59 AM

Sun recommends that you use servlets for this. have applet communicate with the servlet and have servlet communicate with the EJB on applets behalf. i think this solution will work really well for you since you can simply send requests to the servlet instead of accessing ejbs directly from your applet. applets are much more restricted than servlets and if servlets and ejb run on the same machine, smart application servers can optimize communication between them giving you a performance boost. otherwise, if you are accessing ejbs from an applet, you are generating network traffic for each method invocation on the ejbs, even simple setting the values and things like that. check out this link for more information.
About | Sitemap | Contact