MPEG Streaming with JMF
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   angel_karantzalis
Posted On:   Thursday, August 30, 2001 02:50 AM

Hi guys, I'm building a streaming application for my University, using JMF. i found it very convenient so far, but JMF2.1.1 still can only stream in RTP/RAW format, which is not very efficient as far as bandwidth is concerned. Is there any way to stream content in some other format, like MPEG(2???4???) so that people can receive the stream even if they aren't using the local network within the Uni ? We'd like to be able to stream stuff to people at home, even if it means that they must have ISDN lines or something even faster - anything more efficient than RAW/RTP would probably suit us fine...(we're planning to stream content to halls of residences you see... ) Thanks    More>>

Hi guys,

I'm building a streaming application for my University, using JMF. i found it very convenient so far, but JMF2.1.1 still can only stream in RTP/RAW format, which is not very efficient as far as bandwidth is concerned.

Is there any way to stream content in some other format, like MPEG(2???4???)
so that people can receive the stream even if they aren't using the local network within the Uni ? We'd like to
be able to stream stuff to people at home, even if it means that they must have ISDN lines or something even faster - anything more efficient than RAW/RTP would probably suit us fine...(we're planning to stream content to halls of residences you see... )

Thanks a million guys,
Angel
O:]
   <<Less

Re: MPEG Streaming with JMF

Posted By:   mmaniaq_mmaniaq  
Posted On:   Friday, September 28, 2001 02:05 AM

HI Angel,

You're problem it's lets say mine too.
Yestarday I've tried to stream (send from a server a mpeg/avi file).

Anything I've done I've received a message "Format not supported...by RTP session manager". On JMF home it says that AVI and Mpeg are supported as RTP formats. So I'm asking myself what can be wrong here???

I'll appreciated any help from you...keep in touch if you want.

Dany:)

About | Sitemap | Contact