[JavaMail] Problem with accent in attachment
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, August 27, 2001 10:00 AM

Hi, We have developped a session bean which is able to connect to an IMAP/POP server using th JavaMail API. One of the functionality is the extraction of attachment. It works pretty good when the filename of attachment does not include any special characters like accent or NorthEuropean characters. For example, if the mail contains a file named "PrĂ©sentation du mail" the method getFileName() returns the value "Pr?sentation du mail". I have been parsing the JavaMail forum since hours without any answer to this encoding problem. Any help would be appreciated, Regards, Fabrice    More>>

Hi,

We have developped a session bean which is able to connect to an IMAP/POP server using th JavaMail API. One of the functionality is the extraction of attachment.
It works pretty good when the filename of attachment does not include any special characters like accent or NorthEuropean characters.

For example, if the mail contains a file named "Présentation du mail" the method getFileName() returns the value "Pr?sentation du mail".

I have been parsing the JavaMail forum since hours without any answer to this encoding problem.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,

Fabrice

<<Less

Re: [JavaMail] Problem with accent in attachment

Posted By:   Carey_Klenetsky  
Posted On:   Tuesday, January 29, 2002 05:13 PM

I'm having the same problem. Did you get this resolved? If so, how?
About | Sitemap | Contact