<strong>!_NEWLINE_!Error processing octal integer Color codes passed as parameters.!_NEWLINE_!</strong>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Allan_Kamau
Posted On:   Monday, August 27, 2001 05:55 AM

I am trying to pass Color values like 0xeeeeee or 0xEEEEEE as values to parameters from a get post (in the header). However I am unable to process the value into an integer value which is a requirement for the Color(int) constructor I will use to create the new color based on this passed value, I have tried int colorvalue=Integer.parseInt(req.getParameterValue("ColorParameter")); It is throwing an NumberFormatException which I am printing displaying the actual value of the parameter e.g NumberFormatException : 0xEEEEEE Could anyone kindly tell me how to process t   More>>

I am trying to pass Color values like 0xeeeeee or 0xEEEEEE as values to parameters from a get post (in the header). However I am unable to process the value into an integer value which is a requirement for the Color(int) constructor I will use to create the new color based on this passed value, I have tried

int colorvalue=Integer.parseInt(req.getParameterValue("ColorParameter"));

It is throwing an NumberFormatException which I am printing displaying the actual value of the parameter e.g

NumberFormatException : 0xEEEEEE

Could anyone kindly tell me how to process this value of the parameter into an integer value so I may pass it to the Color(int) constructor.
Thanks.

<<Less

Re: <strong>!_NEWLINE_!Error processing octal integer Color codes passed as parameters.!_NEWLINE_!</strong>

Posted By:   Bogdan_Sheptunov  
Posted On:   Monday, August 27, 2001 06:39 AM

The keyword for you is Integer.decode(). Here is some sample code:

String hexValue = "0x11";

Integer decodedInt = null;

int result = 0;

try

{

decodedInt = Integer.decode(hexValue);

}

catch (NumberFormatException e)

{