JDBC + Oracle 8.1.5
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Smith
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 22, 2001 05:44 AM

Hi, I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database. I have installed Net8 etc from the Oracle 8i installation cd. This installation included the jdbc drivers, which it put in ORACLE_HOMEjdbclibclasses111.zip. I configured Net8 and tested it. I then added the classes111.zip file to the my project in jbuilder project properties. The code i use to connect is: DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver()); con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@ip_address:1521:ID, uname, password); When I run the project i get the error: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator I'd    More>>

Hi,
I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database. I have installed Net8 etc from the Oracle 8i installation cd. This installation included the jdbc drivers, which it put in

ORACLE_HOMEjdbclibclasses111.zip. I configured Net8 and tested it.
I then added the classes111.zip file to the my project in jbuilder project properties.
The code i use to connect is:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@ip_address:1521:ID, uname, password);

When I run the project i get the error:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-06401: NETCMN: invalid driver designator

I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thanks.

<<Less

Re: JDBC + Oracle 8.1.5

Posted By:   Peter_Hanzel  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 28, 2001 08:43 AM

Change the connection URL, where TNS_NAME is service name defined in Net8

con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@TNS_NAME", uname, password);

Re: JDBC + Oracle 8.1.5

Posted By:   Aron_Tunzi  
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 28, 2001 06:59 AM

Try to use the JDBC driver implemented in the classes12.jar.

If doesn't work you can try the following, too:

con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@ip_address:1521:ID", uname, password);

Bye Aron
About | Sitemap | Contact