iso8859-2 charset problems with tomcat
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Stuart_Richardson
Posted On:   Sunday, August 19, 2001 09:03 PM

I have recently tried to get our jsp application to work with the character set iso8859_2 and am experiencing a few problems I am using tomcat 3.2.3 with jdk1.3.1 on Windows 2000 and solaris. When I send back a URL with parameters with characters in the iso8895_2 character set, I am getting an exception in tomcat. It appears as though the getParameter() call cannot handle having unicode characters in the string, which the javascript command encode inserts. (Trying this with JRun 3.1 with jdk1.3, I did not experience this same problem.) The string being sent back is: Body.jsp?remove=F2%20W%B3a%u0153ciciel%20budynku The correct polish representation for this string is: F2 W³aœciciel budynku    More>>

I have recently tried to get our jsp application to work with the character set iso8859_2 and am experiencing a few problems

I am using tomcat 3.2.3 with jdk1.3.1 on Windows 2000 and solaris. When I send back a URL with parameters with characters in the iso8895_2 character set, I am getting an exception in tomcat. It appears as though the getParameter() call cannot handle having unicode characters in the string, which the javascript command encode inserts. (Trying this with JRun 3.1 with jdk1.3, I did not experience this same problem.)

The string being sent back is: Body.jsp?remove=F2%20W%B3a%u0153ciciel%20budynku
The correct polish representation for this string is:

F2 W³aœciciel budynku

The expception I am getting is: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Decode error

at
org.apache.tomcat.util.RequestUtil.unUrlDecode(RequestUtil.java:346)

On top of this I am having trouble getting the encoding to work in IE5.5. does not seem to do anything, instead the encoding remains as 8859-1. If I specify the encoding for an individual frame, then the correct characters are shown until the frame is refreshed.

I hope someone can help me with either of these problems. I am experiencing other problems aswell... but cannot track these down as yet.

Stuart Richardson

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact