dcsimg
Problem installing / running ant
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Saturday, August 18, 2001 09:17 AM

I am trying to set up jakarta ant 1.3 on Windows 2000 When I try to run it, by typing ant on the console the error message appears which is the same as when you call java without any parameters: E:ProgrammierungProjekteWFBant>ant Usage: java [-options] class [args...] (to execute a class) or java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...] (to execute a jar file) I have set ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME put all jar files in the ant/lib directory in the classpath and the ant/bin directory in the PATH. Finally I have added the tools.jar of the JDK to the classpath. Any ideas what might be g   More>>

I am trying to set up jakarta ant 1.3 on Windows 2000

When I try to run it, by typing ant on the console the error
message appears which is the same as when you call java without
any parameters:

E:ProgrammierungProjekteWFBant>ant

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]

(to execute a class)

or java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]

(to execute a jar file)

I have set ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME put all jar files in the ant/lib
directory in the classpath and the ant/bin directory in the PATH.
Finally I have added the tools.jar of the JDK to the classpath.

Any ideas what might be going wrong?

Many thanks,

Hans

<<Less

Re: Problem installing / running ant

Posted By:   Devon_Biere  
Posted On:   Sunday, August 19, 2001 10:58 PM

I was having the same problem. If you haven't already, you might want to temporarily turn echo on in your ant.bat script so you can see what's really going on. In my case, this revealed that I had accidentally put a trailing backslash on the end of my ANT_HOME environment variable. This was causing incorrect paths to be used in the ant script. When I removed the unneeded slash (e.g., used C:ant instead of C:ant for ANT_HOME), it worked properly.

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Sunday, August 19, 2001 09:10 AM

Here are a few suggestions:

• Try Ant 1.4beta out and see how that works for you.

• Get rid of all of the lib .jars from your classpath - its redundant as the Ant wrapper script puts them there automatically.

• Step up to JDK 1.3 if you don't have a pressing need to stay at JDK 1.2.2.

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Saturday, August 18, 2001 04:52 PM

Could you please provide your settings for ANT_HOME, JAVA_HOME, PATH, and CLASSPATH?

Also, there is no need to put any ant/lib files in classpath - the ant wrapper scripts do this for you automatically.

About | Sitemap | Contact