Clarification on several applet security question
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic
Posted On:   Thursday, August 16, 2001 06:49 AM

Could someone give me a brief scenario as to why the following statements are not true. a. classes loaded into a browser from the local network are trusted b. classes loaded into a browser from remote sources are trusted if they are signed c. classes loaded into a browser from remote sources are trusted if the are in the signed jar file d. classes loaded from the signed jar file are trusted if the public key associated with the jar file's signature is marked as trusted in the keystore as I said, all these statements are false and I am just trying to come up with examples for each. thanks in advance.    More>>

Could someone give me a brief scenario as to why the following statements are not true.

a. classes loaded into a browser from the local network are trusted

b. classes loaded into a browser from remote sources are trusted if they are signed

c. classes loaded into a browser from remote sources are trusted if the are in the signed jar file

d. classes loaded from the signed jar file are trusted if the public key associated with the jar file's signature is marked as trusted in the keystore

as I said, all these statements are false and I am just trying to come up with examples for each. thanks in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact