dcsimg
VM Parameters Application Parameters
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Bret_Hillcoat
Posted On:   Tuesday, August 14, 2001 07:25 PM

Hi, this may seem a very simple question, but it is frustrating me. I am a novice at JBuilder and Java. When I try to run my programs the window asking for VM Parameters and Application parameters appears. What am I supposed to enter in here? What are the VM and Application Parameters? As I said, simple quest,but one that I need help with. Thank

Re: VM Parameters Application Parameters

Posted By:   Stan_Dominski  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 29, 2001 07:54 PM

Dear Sir,

I am having the same problem !

If you discover what those parameters are "VM parameters" and "Application parameters" would you please write me?
Thanks

Stan

Posted By:   Nelson_Deogracias  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 15, 2001 09:11 PM

If you are looking for your desired App. Server, Go to "Project Menu" then "Project Properties" and choose "Servers" tab click the button with "..." and choose your server, this will fill up the necessary params for your application.

Posted By:   Nelson_Deogracias  
Posted On:   Wednesday, August 15, 2001 09:06 PM

VM Parameters are parameters needed by the java compiler/interpreter to run your application in an optimize way. For speed, stack sizes, heap usage,
etc.

i.e. :
c:>java -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m ...

Application Parameters are the parameters needed by JBuilder to compile your application, but occasionally you won't need to setup this one, because JBuilder IDE provides one for you.
About | Sitemap | Contact