"jsp:include" DOESN'T WORK --> PLEAE HELP!
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   John_Young
Posted On:   Sunday, August 12, 2001 08:48 AM

Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME? I have some "jsp:include" tag in the index.jsp page. This index.jsp are supposed to call two component file (jsp files) on the fly. They are header.jsp and lftnav.jsp. I designed this layout for easy content maintenance of the site. After files were published to the web server, the browser can NOT parse the jsp pages properly. Here are my Web development environment: Tools: IBM Websphere studio V3.5.3 WAS: WAS 3.5.4 Adv. Edition HTTP Server: IBM HTTP Server 3.2.12 Files publishing target: html pages: "C:sitesIISWebweb" jsp pages: "C:sitesIISWebweb"    More>>

Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME?

I have some "jsp:include" tag in the index.jsp page. This index.jsp are supposed to call two component file (jsp files) on the fly. They are header.jsp and lftnav.jsp. I designed this layout for easy content maintenance of the site. After files were published to the web server, the browser can NOT parse the jsp pages properly.

Here are my Web development environment:

Tools: IBM Websphere studio V3.5.3

WAS: WAS 3.5.4 Adv. Edition

HTTP Server: IBM HTTP Server 3.2.12

Files publishing target:

html pages: "C:sitesIISWebweb"

jsp pages: "C:sitesIISWebweb"

servlets pages: "C:sitesIISWebservlets"

Here are my jsp tag in index.jsp page:

" .... "

" .... "

jsp engine configuration:
1) JSP engine (specification): 1.0 (enabled, running during page test)

2) WAS web application was running fine when testing the indes.jsp page

Problems:

1) IE browser, Index.jsp page can not be built completely on the fly. In another word, header.jsp and lftnav.jsp are not built in at all in the index.jsp page. Only the index.jsp content are there.

2) The weird thing is this: in Netscape browser, nothing came up right. Instead, the plain text of html are showing up, looks like Netscape does NOT try to interpret HTML tags.

I was trying to figure out what went wrong for days. and I am totally worn out.

Can someone please, please help me? Any directional information is HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

John

<<Less

Re: "jsp:include" DOESN'T WORK --&gt; PLEAE HELP!

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Sunday, August 12, 2001 05:14 PM

First, the view that browser cannot parse your jsp is incorrect! Your browser can only see the generated html (not the original jsp).

1) Syntax error?

First principle, can you pre-compile your index.jsp?

2) JSP standard?

Rather than using "jsp:include", try to use just <%@ include ..> tag.

3)Buffering problem?

Try to experiment on your specifying your jsp buffer as well.

Well, the above are my 2 cents worth of debugging strategies. Good luck.

About | Sitemap | Contact