dcsimg
How does a client associate with a stateful bean?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   tony_yip
Posted On:   Thursday, August 9, 2001 08:49 AM

I am developing a stateful bean that will hold a resultset of data from a query. The size of the resultset could be over 3000 rows of data (I tried to serialize the resultset to disk. It is about 1.4MB of data.) My first approach was to store this data in session, however, when I thought of cluster two weblogic servers. The session will be replicated to a secondary server. It may be too expensive. My second approcah is to store thee resultset to a stateful bean. The problem is that my servlet does not call EJB directly. It calls a handler(a java class) and this handler calls a session bean to query data. So, how the application server(weblogic) associates my handler(or session) to a stateful bean? Thanks    More>>

I am developing a stateful bean that will hold a resultset of data from a query. The size of the resultset could be over 3000 rows of data (I tried to serialize the resultset to disk. It is about 1.4MB of data.) My first approach was to store this data in session, however, when I thought of cluster two weblogic servers. The session will be replicated to a secondary server. It may be too expensive. My second approcah is to store thee resultset to a stateful bean.

The problem is that my servlet does not call EJB directly. It calls a handler(a java class) and this handler calls a session bean to query data. So, how the application server(weblogic) associates my handler(or session) to a stateful bean?

Thanks

Tony

<<Less

Re: How does a client associate with a stateful bean?

Posted By:   kiron_madasu  
Posted On:   Monday, August 13, 2001 01:26 PM

Try to keep an interface between your handler and session Bean, then from the handler pass the sessioID to the interface.

Then from your sessionBean Call that interface, get the sessionID

Then pass that sessionID into the create() method of your HomeInterface.

About | Sitemap | Contact