How to send plain-text and HTML alternative mail with related attachements?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Russell_Curtis
Posted On:   Monday, August 6, 2001 08:10 AM

Kinda new to all this so any assistance would be appreciated. I have been trying to get JavaMail to send a general purpose mail composed of three parts text version HTML version image for HTML version The problem seems to be that if MimeMultipart subtype is "alternative" then the mail is read correctly by Outlook Express 5.5, but not by Outlook2000 (which fails to relate the image). If the subtype is "related" then Outlook Express just read the text version while Outlook2000 shows the HTML with image. I know these are both MS products but I think they indicate a possible mismatch. Thanks in advance.    More>>

Kinda new to all this so any assistance would be appreciated.

I have been trying to get JavaMail to send a general purpose mail composed of three parts

text version

HTML version

image for HTML version

The problem seems to be that if MimeMultipart subtype is "alternative" then the mail is read correctly by Outlook Express 5.5, but not by Outlook2000 (which fails to relate the image). If the subtype is "related" then Outlook Express just read the text version while Outlook2000 shows the HTML with image.

I know these are both MS products but I think they indicate a possible mismatch.

Thanks in advance.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact