Web Application Extension for UML and Model-View-Controller 2 Architecture (jakarta-struts)
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dominik_Drzewiecki
Posted On:   Monday, August 6, 2001 06:33 AM

There is a general principle of a "single point of access" for MVC 2 web applications, that is, each request is processed by single Controller servlet which analyzes the request contents, invokes request-specific server-side Actions (e.g. interacts with EJBs), updates server-side JavaBeans objects Model and forwards the control to the JSP page representing View , which in turn acceses server side objects (JavaBeans) and generates client View of the server-side Model data. How does this fit in WAE? Is it possible to model such an architecture and behavior with WAE? What are general principles for modelling MVC2 architecture with WAE (Consider, that there are 1:1 ServerPage-ClientPage mappings, bu   More>>

There is a general principle of a "single point of access" for MVC 2 web applications, that is, each request is processed by single Controller servlet which analyzes the request contents, invokes request-specific server-side Actions (e.g. interacts with EJBs), updates server-side JavaBeans objects Model and forwards the control to the JSP page representing View , which in turn acceses server side objects (JavaBeans) and generates client View of the server-side Model data. How does this fit in WAE? Is it possible to model such an architecture and behavior with WAE? What are general principles for modelling MVC2 architecture with WAE (Consider, that there are 1:1 ServerPage-ClientPage mappings, but each link on ClientPage is directed to the common, single Servlet, which in turn redirects it to the apropriate ServerPage)? Should I create any new stereotypes (servlet, action)?

See also: Struts framework at http://jakarta.apache.org

<<Less

Re: Web Application Extension for UML and Model-View-Controller 2 Architecture (jakarta-struts)

Posted By:   deven_ms  
Posted On:   Monday, October 29, 2001 04:20 AM

I am using Rational Rose 2001A Edition and am having similar doubts. The Web Modeller that comes with this edition comes with WAE support and allows for JSP modelling and integration with Java classes (servlets, EJB) but I still need help regarding MVC architecture. Would appreciate any help in this regards. My mail id is devenms@dsqsoft.com
About | Sitemap | Contact